Team Pilgrims

Team Pilgrims
Team PIlgrims

Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff

Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff
Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff is supporting our event and will be cycling alongside us

Sunday 11 April 2010

11 APRIL

Set off to test out the knee in a headwind towards Sandwich. Took it nice and easy with plenty of care when going uphill. Made it to Sandwich and decided to push on to Richborough Towers. En route I was passed by the dynamic Linda Rendle of Team Pilgrims heading in the opposite direction - she quickly disappeared at pace! I turned round and headed back which was great as it was the first time for days that I had had the wind at my back. The knee held out well with only one twinge on crossing the A2 I got back earlier than planned so pushed on up Longage Hill and looped back to Lyminge. All in all around 48 miles. Picked up some more sponsorship money at dinner the night before.

2 comments:

  1. Just to say - I'm also training for the tri-hospice challenge, and very much looking forward to it!

    Yesterday was Margate -> Canterbury, and today I cycled from Margate -> Ashford. Later in the week I hope to do from Canterbury to Margate, and then work up to Margate -> Ashford -> Canterbury, and from Ashford -> Canterbury -> Margate.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to meet up with Steve Auty the other day. I am pleased to hear that he has been given the OK by the "knee doctor" to continue training. It would be interesting to see how long some of Steve's rides are taking, as I am just returning to the joys of cycling for any real distances on the open road. I hope to cycle the route from Ashford to Chillenden and back at the weekend, weather permitting, which will give me another 50-miler, and some more hill work...!!

    David Jones

    ReplyDelete