Team Pilgrims

Team Pilgrims
Team PIlgrims

Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff

Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff
Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff is supporting our event and will be cycling alongside us

Sunday 4 April 2010

EASTER WEEKEND TRAINING

Didn't quite make the full route but settled for a 28 miles stretch which took in the area from Lyminge to the Ashford Hospice and then on to Waltham and Petham before returning home. Not an easy route to follow so I am glad that I took time to stop to enable me to write up the route card. There are two steep hills on this section, one on Lonage Hill (the name gives it away) and another to get back onto the North Downs after leaving the Ashford Hospice. The volunteers made me a good cup of tea and fed me fruitcake to sustain me. I also met Ray Bissil en route but he was in a car. Still he is fit and doesn't need to do the training. I may try the section to and from Sandwich tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment