Team Pilgrims

Team Pilgrims
Team PIlgrims

Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff

Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff
Olympic Gold Medallist Jamie Staff is supporting our event and will be cycling alongside us

Friday 23 April 2010

23 APRIL - EVENING SHORT RIDE

Took advantage of a beautiful evening to do just under 15 miles from Lyminge to Barham and back. You can tell that spring has arrived from the number of bugs that kept hitting my face! I was nearly taken out by a land rover and trailer which was clearly not being driven by someone who knew what he was doing. I was also passed by a keen road cyclist who overtook me and disappeared into the distance. I guess I have a long way to go to improve my speed. I did adopt the low gear approach to hills which seemed to work very well. I will try it again tomorrow when I do the 50miles which will take in the Canterbury and Thanet hospices.

Names and money from the Forget-me-Not appeal have started to come in which is really good news as I will definitely have names in addition to my parents to remember at each hospice. This is as important to me as getting round the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment